Monday, January 20, 2014

Anywhere...

Writer's disclaimer: I will not be posting this much all the time...bear with me till all the newness wears off!:)

  Yesterday was our first church service with LaBorie Mennonite Church. Due to work on the church we are temporarily meeting under a staff member's house. It is build up on concrete pillars, kinda like an open air basement. As we sat there singing the song "Anywhere with Jesus" it held special new meaning to me....

"Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go, anywhere He leads me in this world below...

He safely led us to Grenada and for that we are thankful! Pray for protection for our children as they walk to school. Part of the way is along a busy road and there is not much of a curb.

Anywhere, anywhere! Fear I cannot know...

Of all the many emotions I dealt with I am thankful fear was not one of them...other than fear of the unknown...we feel safe and the people are very friendly! We are enjoying getting to know them.

Anywhere with Jesus is a house of praise...

Warm breezes rustled the pages of my Bible. A rooster crowed in the distance. The smell of a cooking fire wafted in on the breeze. Dogs barked. Lizards chased each other around the concrete pillars of our temporary church. Halfway through the service I realized the brown "lump" at my foot is a dog pile so I carefully nudged it with my foot under the bench in front of me (don't worry, it was pretty dried out)...yes, in some ways it was vastly different than the services we attended last back home but also in many ways it was the same. Different skin tones, but one blood...
Men's Sunday school class sat on the open veranda with men sitting on the porch rail or wherever there was available seating. Very relaxed and informal...

Anywhere with Jesus I can go to sleep, when darkening shadows round about me creep...

The other night Christi came over to our bed twice because of nightmares...she dreamed ants were chasing her and she crawled up on a trash barrel to get away from them and there were two snakes up there. Kaylah is missing her friends and lies awake at night thinking of them. Yes, she is the one that was dancing a jig the first evening we were here, but that is the wildly fluctuating emotions of my pre-teen daughter.:) The other night she dreamed somebody kidnapped me...pray for them that they can get a good nights sleep...

Anywhere with Jesus, over land and sea, telling souls in darkness of salvation free...

Our reason for being here!
                            My fruit loving son thinks an orange tree in the back yard is paradise!
                                        Playing games in our yard                     
                                       Christi crying to Grandma about the ant hill she sat in

Christi counting her mosquito bites...she has around 50...I can beat her record at 60 
from the knees down:) Wouldn't be so bad if they'd be siphoning out fat cells instead of blood!:)

2 comments:

  1. Keep these interesting updates coming!!! Sorry I didn't get the notification from hang outs till later, I figured you weren't around your computer yet. I don't think it dings when I have a message, but anyways... I prayed that all of you sleep well at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, those ant bites really hurt! They make anyone feel like crying if you have a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete