Monday, January 6, 2014

Pre-journey daze

Our house is almost bare...
The children are bored stiff because almost all their toys are packed up...ok, maybe not bored but becoming electronic junkies. I've repeatedly warned them these days are coming to an end. They will not always be able to have unlimited time playing computer games but there really is nothing else for them to do. With temperatures well below freezing outside and not much to do inside this is their pacifier till we leave.
So how does it feel to be a little over a week away from leaving all things familiar and stepping into a new world and a new life? Well, to be honest, I am dreading the good byes but I'm also tired of this...
and this!
Ok, I'm back again. I thought I had completed this post...I had saved and published it. Thank God for honest sisters that tell you the truth. She said it ends too abruptly. I knew it did, but, to be honest, I didn't quite know how to put my feelings into words. But, I'll try. How does it really feel to tear yourself away from dear friends and family and enter a world you've only seen in pictures? My hands are shaking as I type and tears are running down my cheeks as I think of all the loved ones we are leaving behind. We are going to miss everyone so so much! That's one emotion. Fear is another one. Honestly, I don't don't think I've ever been more scared in all my life. A quote I read recently says, the only thing to fear is fear itself. I try to remember that when I think I think of all the upcoming adjustments. The stress level is high around here right now, the children are hyper; I think it is their way of dealing with everything. Along with all these negative emotions there is also a sense of excitement and adventure. I love to travel and I love challenges. And who wouldn't wish for warmer weather right now! I know I will miss our winters. I love change of seasons but for today, with a wind chill of -20, I will look forward to warmer weather. There is also a sense of peace, of knowing we are going where God wants us. He has given us so many confirmations we would be like Jonah headed to Tarshish if we wouldn't go where we know God wants us. I need to constantly remind myself, life is NOT about me and what I want. True happiness comes from serving others and keeping the focus off me, myself and I.
 So, that, my dear friends, are the many emotions swirling through my brain right now. And, I bet my sister will never tell me again my posts end too abruptly:))

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog, one I shall follow! I'll be checking my email everyday, watching for you to post. I know they will be quite interesting to say the least! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! I know you are scared but it's going to be great. God will teach you so much more about yourself than you thought possible. I smile as I think about your future. As hard as some things may be, it's going to be great because God is going with you. How I love Grenada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Katrina, makes me feel like crying to. Will miss you dreadfully! So glad your courageous enough to follow God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will miss seeing you at work work.wishing you the Lirds blessings ad you go to do his work. Will be reading your bligs.

    ReplyDelete