Sunday, May 11, 2014

Part of a Heavenly Plan

As the murky twilight stole the deep shades of pink and blue from the colorful sky, salty tears fell as praises were lifted to God. Death has a way of conquering cultural divides. It is a pain all colors, cultures and countries understand. A pain that draws people closer, dissolving petty differences.
"When a tragedy like this happens in Grenada, all of Grenada grieves with you," Thaddeus shared at the LaBorie Mennonite church. "We are so saddened," he continued. "I couldn't wait to meet the group and thank them for the work they did on my steps and then I heard that one of them was killed. My heart was so heavy. But then, I heard he was ready to meet God, and I felt better."
 "Even though I didn't know him, when I heard a young man drowned, I immediately burst into tears," another young man shared at our church this morning. "We are so sorry this had to happen."
 As we sang tonight at a joint song service for all 3 of the mission's churches, the words of "Thomas's Song" jumped off the page..."your death was part of a heavenly plan..."
 Jared's death was not in vain. It is part of a heavenly plan.


This class is being such a testimony in Grenada!
 Through all their pain and tears, they continue to praise God!
(I apologize for the shaky video)
The LaBorie group
                                                      Skyping Josh Martin


                                                   Big smiles across the miles!

                                     James & Josh "meeting" each other:)

                               Josh being showed the beautiful country of Grenada

                                                     Unloading the cattle:)

                      Playing basketball before the song service started tonight







                                                   Heavens really gonna shine!
                         This group of seniors are touching many lives!


3 comments:

  1. This really makes me miss those Grenada song services...nothing quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the vibrant singing! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete